Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A New Challenge

I have accepted a new challenge and a huge career opportunity.  Following the NBA All-Star break (mid February), I'll be taking over as producer for the Sacramento Kings TV broadcasts.

For all but a small handful of shows since I started in TV 25 years ago, I've either directed or TDed.  I've never produced.  Nor, frankly, have I ever wanted to.  But when the possibility arose, I saw an opportunity for growth and threw my hat in the ring.

I produced two quarters of a Kings home game last week.  It's been a long time since I felt so new at something.  Thanks to a quick decision by Kings management, I have two and a half months to learn from the outgoing producer.  I couldn't ask for a better recipe for success.

I've spent every spare moment of the last two weeks immersed in everything Kings & NBA and I have two more months before I take the reins.  I'll be ready.  I'm all in.

5 comments:

  1. Cheers man, you got this! Great move.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How absolutely exciting! Reading this gave me goosebumps! You are going to be such a great producer! I wish we had a team so we could see you down this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Geoff!! Another feather to added to your cap. Keep on truck-in my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go man go. Hope it's a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Geoff B...there is no doubt about your talent, and no doubt about your ability to do whatever you put your heart and mind to!! As always, your very proud sis!! Reba (bizou)

    ReplyDelete